Legal Advice

How To Get Copies Of Divorce Records

You can get a divorce in England or Wales if you have been married at least a year and your connection has permanently broken down. If you do not remember precisely what your spouse mentioned, state this in your notes, as misquoting your spouse could constitute perjury-a felony offense-even if you did not intend to deceive the court. If everyone such as a pal or family members member witnessed this abuse, ask them if they would be prepared to come to court to attest to the situations of verbal abuse in front of the judge. You will need to wait at least 6 weeks just after the date of the decree nisi before you can apply. Contrary to what you feel, it is easier to get your records than you may possibly think about, and it will not cost you a fortune.

Leave a Reply